Standard pool pumps can consume as much energy as all other home appliances combined—often costing more than $1,000 per year!
IntelliFlo® and IntelliPro® pumps can typically cut energy use up to 90%, generally saving $620 to $1,350 in utility costs annually—more where rates are higher than average.*
Exclusive, advanced motor technology typically provides base savings of 30%
* IntelliFlo and IntelliPro pumps use an exclusive permanent magnet motor (used in hybrid cars) in place of a traditional induction motor.
Permanent magnet motors are fundamentally more energy efficient and provide a typical “base energy savings” of 30%.
Onboard intelligence with variable drive can deliver additional savings up to 90%
* Variable speed capability, digital controls, and proprietary software that allow custom programming of optimum pump speeds
for specific tasks—filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets, waterfalls, etc. The result is additional energy savings…up to 90% compared
to even so-called high efficiency, single-speed, two-speed and multi-speed pumps that cannot be adjusted.
* For virtually all applications, the optimum speed will be lower than the preset, unchangeable speeds of older pumps. Using
slower speeds takes advantage of a fundamental pump law: slower is far more efficient. In fact, when pump speeds are reduced by
half, energy consumption is just one-eighth of what was previously used.
The quietest pumps ever built
* The exclusive permanent magnet motor so critical for energy savings is also a totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) design. This
combination, along with slower operating speeds, is responsible for IntelliPro and IntelliFlo pumps being the quietest pumps you can
install. At typical speeds you can barely hear them operating.
Longer trouble-free service life than conventional pumps
* Advanced motor produces far less heat and vibration than traditional induction motors for dramatically longer equipment life.
TEFC design protects against all threats posed by an outdoor environment.
* Features built-in diagnostics that detect and correct conditions that cause premature failure, thereby protecting against
overheating, freezing, and voltage irregularities. IntelliFlo VF also detects loss of prime.
New Model with Added Safety Features
IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump is the first pump with an integrated Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS), which provides an important
layer of entrapment protection. Its built-in controller and proprietary software detect blockage of the drain and automatically the
pump off within seconds.
IntelliFlo VS+SVRS meets ASME A220.127.116.112 standards, thereby complying with new Federal legislation related to public pools
(Virginia Graeme Baker Pool Safety Act), as well as a growing number of state and local statures for residential pools where entrapment
protection measures are required.
*Savings based on comparison pump running between 6 and 12 hours per day at the national average of 15¢/kilowatt hour
in a 20,000 gallon pool.
© Copyright 2010 Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc.